Quinoa and spice and everything nice... That's what POWER SALADS are made of!
These bold colors--with textures and flavors to match--remind me of my travels through Marrakech, Morocco... (more on THAT in my travel blog!)
The longer the salad sits, the more flavorful it gets...
I think I've found my new favorite salad :)
- 2 cups cooked red quinoa
- 1 15 oz. can organic garbanzo beans/chickpeas (drained)
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup chopped Medjool dates (pitted)
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios (shelled)
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and julienned into matchsticks
- 1 beet, peeled and sliced into matchsticks
- 3 stalks green onion (scallion), chopped
- 1/2 bunch flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- juice of one (1) lemon
- 1.5 tablespoons liquid sweetener (I use agave nectar)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
Prepare red quinoa according to package instructions and cool. In a large bowl, mix quinoa, beans, apricots, dates, pistachios, carrots, scallion, and parsley together. In a small mason jar with a lid, add cinnamon, cumin, salt, lemon juice, sweetener and oil and shake well until combined. Pour over salad mixture and continue to combine with spatula. Adjust seasonings to your liking, serve and ENJOY!
(keep leftovers refrigerated :))